Terms of Service
Thank you for choosing Virtual Speed Dating (www.virtualspeeddating.com.au). Virtual Speed Dating (which will also be referred to as “we” or “us”) provides its event ticket holders with an opportunity to meet each other at events hosted by Virtual Speed Dating. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By using our services, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms. If you do not agree with the terms, you must cease use of this website immediately and we ask that you please leave our website. Virtual Speed Dating reserves the right to review and change any of the terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. Any changes to the terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. There is legal action at the bottom of this page. We advise you read everything here especially the legal action section.
Acceptance of the Terms
- You accept the terms by remaining on our website. You may also accept the terms by checking the box to accept or agree to the terms where this option is made available to you by Virtual Speed Dating on ticketing and account creation pages.
- Virtual Speed Dating may, from time to time, contact you about attending our events. The events will have a displayed age range for the event and you will have to be within that range to be eligible to attend. It is your responsibility to ensure that you purchase a ticket to an event for which you are within the appropriate age range.
- You will be provided with an opportunity to buy a ticket to events we hold. You acknowledge and agree that the purchase price for tickets to any event held by us are non-refundable and are paid in advance prior to the event taking place.
- Attended an event whilst you are dating someone is prohibited.
- Your place in an event cannot be reserved or confirmed until payment has been received.
- To attend a Virtual Speed Dating event you must be 18 years or older. We do not accept any website registrations for people under the age of 18.
- You will be asked for proof of age upon arrival to a virtual event. If you refuse to show proof of age when asked, we will refuse your participation in any event and you will not receive a refund.
- We allow a 12-month leeway for the age specified for any event we hold. So if the age bracket is 30-42 and you are 29, you may attend as you are within the 12 months. As soon as you’ve reached 43, you are over 12 months so you cannot attend and must attend the next age bracket up.
- We allow an 18-month leeway in situations where if you are wanting to attend with a friend and you fall outside of the age range but are within 18 months of the age range of the event your friend is attending. So if the age bracket your friend is attended happens to be 30-42 and you are 28 and 6 months, you may attend with your friend as you are within the 18 months. As soon as you’ve reached 43 and 6 months, you are over 18 months so you cannot attend and must attend the next age bracket up.
- We allow a 24-month leeway for the age specified for any event we hold where all guests at the event are aged 40 and above. So if the age bracket is 40-52 and you are 38 or 53, you may attend as you are within the 24 months. As soon as you’ve reached 54, you are over 24 months so you cannot attend and must attend the next age bracket up.
- On extremely rare situations, Virtual Speed Dating reserves the right to allow extra age leeway.
- For our older-aged event only where the event is for the over 50s, we may sometimes allow a maximum of 1 male & 1 female to exceed the 24-month leeway. This is at our discretion and the request must be made prior to purchasing the ticket.
- All virtual events will still proceed with a minimum of 5 dates and a maximum on 12.
- If we become aware that you have provided misleading or false details, you will be banned from attending any Virtual Speed Dating events and will not be issued with a refund under any circumstances. This includes the use of false names and/or providing an incorrect age/date of birth. Our decision to ban you from events is at our sole discretion.
- If you attend an event and simply leave mid-event for no valid reason, you will be banned from attending events for a minimum of 6 months.
- If you feel uncomfortable at our event for any reason due to another attendee, you must immediately speak to a host and explain your reasons so that we can rectify the issue immediately.
- If you purposely make someone feel uncomfortable at any of our events, you will be banned for life.
- If you book an event and simply do not show up, we may refuse you at the next event you purchase tickets for. This is at our sole discretion.
- We do not screen or judge people based on their looks, size, race, religion, social skills or anything to this degree. People are people and you will meet all sorts of people no matter where you go (bar/club) or whatever speed dating company you use (us or our competitors). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and no matter how outrageous or unacceptable you think someone is, there is always someone else who absolutely loves their attributes. Everyone deserves the chance to find love and there is someone for everyone. If you disagree with this point, please leave our site immediately and do not purchase a ticket.
- Taking photos of, or filming our events is prohibited.
- We are not a matchmaking service with bogus algorithms. Instead, we facilitate events for single people to meet naturally and organically.
- Zero tolerance for aggression & negativity. If you are found to be aggressive or negative towards any of our guests, Virtual Speed Dating staff (pre, during, or post-event), venue staff or other venue patrons that are there but not part of our event, you will be asked to leave immediately. You will not receive a refund and you may be banned for life. Nobody wants, nor do they care for this type of behaviour on the night. Should you feel the need to express such behaviour on the night, you must remove yourself from the event and send an email to head office explaining your reasons for leaving. Please tell the host you are leaving.
- If we become aware that you have been inappropriate, offensive, or abusive towards any of our guests, Virtual Speed Dating staff, you will be banned for life.
- If we receive 2 or more complaints about you during any 1 event or several complaints in a series of 5 events, we will ban you from attending events for a minimum of 6 months and possibly life depending on the nature of the complaint.
- If you have left us a lie-filled 1-star review on any reviewing website, or any type of negative review that contradicts the terms you have agreed to, you will be banned from attending events for life. Once you remove the review, we will lift the ban after 6 months. We remind you, please do not lash out on us because something has not gone your way. We are decent people, we follow the law and we urge you to just send us an email and talk to us.
- If you breach any of these terms, we reserve the right to remove your elite member status for life.
- It is your obligation to ensure you have a stable internet connection. As we send you the login link 1 hour prior to the event, you may test this connection with us between 1 hour prior and 30 minutes prior to the event. Failure to do so forfeits any rights to a transfer or refund. You should also note that ALL internet connections are compatible with our Virtual Speed Dating.
- After the event has finished, we do not contact other guests on your behalf for reasons such as passing your contact details etc.
- Virtual Speed Dating reserves the right to offer discounts from time to time.
- Virtual Speed Dating reserves the right to offer free tickets from time to time via Facebook competitions.
- If you have attended an event and received little or no mutual matches during a speed dating event, Virtual Speed Dating reserves the right to contact you and offer a 50% discount for you to attend the very next event following the event you attended. This applies only if you are within the age bracket. We will then create a discount code for you to receive a 50% discount. You must then purchase your ticket using the discount code.
- All event ticket purchases, as listed on the website, are delivered electronically and will be delivered immediately upon completion of successful online payment or pay-by-phone payment.
- Paying by direct bank transfer online requires time and is not accepted within 5 days prior to any event. If you pay within the 5 days, we may not issue you with a ticket and if you attend the event without an issued ticket, we may reject you at the door.
- Paying by direct bank transfer at the bank requires only 24 hours prior to any event. You MUST text us if this is how you wish to proceed.
- When filling out your details at checkout, you are essentially creating an account on our website in order to make the ticket purchase. These details must not be misleading and must be as accurate as possible.
- When purchasing tickets for your friends,
- Their details must not be misleading and must be as accurate as possible. Using your own details for your friend’s ticket is not acceptable. To have a ticket under their name, we need their FULL NAME | ETHNICITY | DATE OF BIRTH | EMAIL | MOBILE | POSTCODE.
- You must make them aware of these terms and send them a link to it.
- Fair use laws apply to everything and everyone. For any discounted or free ticket promotions we run from time to time, you are not permitted to book as many as you can. To keep it fair for all members, you are only permitted to have 1 discounted or free ticket active at any one time.
Speed Dating Match Process
- A mutual match is when person A ticks “yes” to person B & person B ticks “yes” to person A.
- If you have ticked both “yes” and “no” to a person, this defaults as a “no”.
- If you have not ticked “yes” or “no” to a person, this defaults as a “no”.
- Match results will be delivered to the same email that was used to purchase the ticket.
- Match results will be delivered within 24 hours of the event finish time.
- You will receive your matches first name, email, and mobile number.
- Your matches will receive your first name, email and mobile number. You can opt-out of your mobile or email if you choose.
- If chosen to opt-out of a mobile number or email, you must write it clearly when delivering your YES choices to us.
- Once the event has ended and you have delivered your YES choices, no alterations are accepted unless it is of an important nature.
- Your match results email will be delivered to you and you only.
- Your stats of the night will be apart of your match results email.
Please understand that planning a Virtual Speed Dating event is a time-consuming process, which incurs costs to Virtual Speed Dating prior to an event taking place. Costs include marketing costs and other costs. Our team are rockstars and we do our very best to ensure that our guests are well looked after at our events so, in return, we need to be strict on the refund process.
- Only the purchaser can discuss options.
- We do not have a change of mind policy.
- No refunds or transfers for cancelations made within 24 hours of the event.
- No refunds or transfers for cancelations if you find yourself in a relationship after you have purchased a ticket.
- On the off chance that we go against our terms of service and provide anyone with a refund, a copy of your licence front and back must to be emailed to us first for any consideration to be possible. Refunds are solely at our discretion.
- If you have paid for a ticket to an event and cannot attend anymore, you are not eligible for a refund under the Australian Consumer Law. Instead, we, as a company are happy to give you a credit that can be used towards any other event in the future. The credit must be used within 3 months. You can also just ask us to transfer into another event.
- Only 1 transfer is permitted per event.
- If you have paid for a ticket to an event and you are a no-show, you are not eligible for a refund or transfer under any circumstances.
- Telling us you were sick does not qualify you for a refund or transfer (we get this a lot).
- Virtual Speed Dating works hard to ensure that every event has a decent amount of people. However, some people fail to attend an event even though they have accepted an invitation and paid for a ticket and situations such as these should not reflect upon Virtual Speed Dating as an events company. You will not receive a refund because someone else chooses to not rock up.
- If you are more than 30 minutes late to a speed dating event and have not notified us of your lateness prior to the event start, we may refuse your participation and you will not receive a refund.
- If you attend an event and have refused to show proof of age when asked, we will refuse your participation in the event and you will not receive a refund.
- If you attend an event and do not have your proof of age with you, we will refuse your participation in the event and you will not receive a refund, however, we may transfer your ticket to an upcoming party out of goodwill.
- After checking your proof of age and learning that you have misled us about your age, we may refuse your participation in the event and you will not receive a refund. You may be banned for life as a result.
- Mere dissatisfaction with the people you meet at an event does not entitle you to any discounts or refunds and should not reflect upon Virtual Speed Dating as an events company. People are people and as much as you feel some people are unacceptable, they may feel the same way about you.
- Should people leave during the event for whatever reason you are not entitled to a refund of any sort, however, we are happy to offer a partial credit calculated by the cost of the event, divided by the number of dates on the night, times the number of walkouts. Please make this request via our contact form.
- If we become aware that you have been inappropriate, offensive, or abusive to other guests or Virtual Speed Dating staff, you will be banned for life and will not receive any refunds.
- If you have been asked to leave an event due to being aggressive or voicing negativity, you will not receive a refund.
- Should any of the above happen to you, this should not reflect upon Virtual Speed Dating as an events company. We set out the terms of service and by purchasing a ticket, you have agreed to the terms set out on this page. Please remember that.
- As we have only started Virtual Speed Dating Australia wide, during the whole of 2020, some events might need to be postponed to the following month. By purchasing a ticket you waive your right for any refunds if your event needs to be postponed. In the unlikely event that your event must be postponed a second time (extremely unlikely), we will offer you a refund but for the sake of success for your event in your city, we strongly recommend you transfer into the postponed event again. You may also opt into transferring into a different age group. This is to help these events run successfully in your city until we gain momentum. Remember, we are offering a service for your fellow singles in your city and we absolutely appreciate your understanding and supporting us during the early stages of our Australia wide events. Once we hit 2021, your consumer rights to a refund will be reinstated.
- Continuing from point 16, if you are unavailable for the postponed date, you will be issued with a 3-month credit code which starts from the date we learn you are unavailable.
Cancellations and Postponements
- One thing we need to make clear for everyone. We do not have any control over when people cancel their ticket due to cold feet, doubling up on plans or simply changing their minds. Sometimes they cancel days before, hours before or event minutes before the event starts. Trust me when we say, this royally frustrates the hell our of us but we just don’t have any control over this.
- Virtual Speed Dating reserves the right to postpone any event for any reason before or during an event. We understand that our guests look forward to attending our events and that postponing an event can be extremely frustrating. Please be assured that we make every effort to ensure that all events proceed as planned. Where an event is postponed, Virtual Speed Dating will reschedule to a future date. You will be notified of the new event date through the email and/or phone number provided with your account. Alternatively, Virtual Speed Dating will credit the value of the event to your account to be used at a later date.
- If we are not able to fill an event we will either reschedule the event for another date, usually no more than 8 weeks from the date of the original event. This depends on the frequency of the event. Or we will happily book you into an alternative event using the credit we have applied to your account. You will be notified of the new date by email and/or SMS before the day of the original event (unless we have an unusually large number of people cancelling on the day of the event in which case we will notify you on the day). If this new date is not convenient you will be offered the opportunity to wait for the next suitable event.
- Virtual Speed Dating may ask you for ID prior to the event commencing. If you are found to be more than the allowed age leeway for your event, Virtual Speed Dating reserves the right to refuse your participation in the event and a refund will not be issued. This will be considered as a first and final warning. Repeat offenders will be banned from attending future events for life.
- In booking an event you understand that events are highly dependent on the number of attendees and that Virtual Speed Dating may, at their sole discretion, cancel an event. Where an event is cancelled and is never to be returned, Virtual Speed Dating will offer you a full refund or credit to attend anything from our website.
Waiver and Release
- I waive, release and discharge Virtual Speed Dating and the event sponsors from all claims or causes of action I may have arising from any injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by me including personal injury, illness or death and/or loss or damage to any property (in so far as this does not breach the provisions of the relevant Australian Consumer Law) arising either directly or indirectly out of my attendance at or participation in any event.
- I acknowledge that Virtual Speed Dating or the venue management may remove me from any event area:
1| on medical, health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person),
2| if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive,
3| to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorized marketing.
- I indemnify and will keep indemnified Virtual Speed Dating and each event sponsor against any inappropriate conversations I may have with any other guests at any event as the event organizers have no control over guests conversations and are merely facilitators of an event that brings people together to meet.
- I indemnify and will keep indemnified Virtual Speed Dating and each event sponsor for the actions of any person that I may meet through a Virtual Speed Dating event.
- I release all rights to any photos or videos taken of me to Virtual Speed Dating for the use of advertisements only (i.e. to be placed on this website or social media to help promote the business). I also understand that Virtual Speed Dating will never sell or allow any other website to use photos that I’m in and should I see another website with said photo/s, I will notify Virtual Speed Dating immediately. I also understand that:
1| If I do not want my photo to be taken I can tell the photographer at the time of capturing and the photographer will not publish a photo where I can be recognised,
2| If I am posing for a photo I am giving the photographer consent to take the photo to be published as stated above,
- For any filmed event that we may hold for filming a commercial of any sorts, you are releasing all rights to the footage obtained at the event to us.